Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Play this video for students. You may have to play it more than once before they are ready to ask questions.
- Write, "What do you want to know?" on the board
- Allow students time to ask questions. All questions are valid. Don't answer any of them just yet.
- Optional: After each question ask, "Who wants to know the answer to this question?". Write that number beside the question.
- Answer all questions on the board.
- If a student asks for information about the price or the number of grams, give them access to the photos in Act II.
- If a student asks a good, math-related question, circle it and tell students you would like to know the answer to that. A good starter question is, "Which box of cereal is the best deal?", but there are many other problems that students can explore based on this video.
- Hopefully someone asked something like, "What does this have to do with math?" Give moving speech about how math is life. You get bonus points for moving kids to tears during this speech.
Act III and Sequel
[Placeholder text. Will be updated once students are finished the problem.]