There are a number of good resources out there to help support student learning. Here are a couple of the better ones!
This Monday and Wednesday, stay in for 30 minutes at lunch (11:20 PM to 11:50 PM) and work on math with other students and myself.
This is an initiative of the Ontario government and TVO. Registration is free! We will be going over this website in-class sometime in the next couple weeks. Here is the link to the site.
This site has an entire section devoted to the "Area and circumference of circles". Khan Academy lists this as grade 7 (U.S.), and it is covered both in grade 7 and grade 8 here in Ontario. Well, and grade 9, for that matter, just in more detail. There are a number of subsections.
- Circles: radius, diameter, circumference and Pi: Video (11:05 minutes)
- Labeling parts of a circle: Video (2:01 minutes)
- Radius, diameter, and circumference: Practice Problems
- Area of a circle: Video (4:02 minutes)
- Area of a circle: Practice Problems
- Area and circumference of parts of circles: Practice Problems
This site allows students to work on 20 problems a day without signing up. The following pages apply to this unit.