Grade 9 Applied Math 1-1: Ratios and Rates
"Ratios and Rates" is the first lesson of the grade 9 Ontario applied math program. Over the course of this lesson, students will learn how to solve problems involving proportional reasoning. Here are the expectations of this lesson.
- Illustrate equivalent ratios
- Represent directly proportional relationships arising from realistic situations
- Solve for the unknown value in a proportion
- Use unit rates to compare quantities
- Solve problems using the above tools
Click here to download this lesson as a printable PDF: Grade 9 Applied Math 1-1 Ratios and Rate
Or click on the images below to zoom in.